Thursday, May 03, 2007

Lighting 102

For those of you have not gone to Strobist.com and became enthralled with the amount of stuff you can light with a little strobe, you need to.  Do not pass go, go directly to Strobist.com.  David Hobby is a great photographer, but more than that he has a knack for explaining things in very understandable terms.  (Plus he uses a lot of photos, and we know that photographers are visual people).  Now on to my point.  Last summer David did a learning exercise called Lighting Boot Camp.  Well he is doing it again.  On June 4th, David is kicking off round two Lighting 102.  Last year I just watched from the sidelines and thoroughly enjoyed seeing all the submissions.  Well this summer I plan on diving in and working through this round.  I might embarass myself horribly, but I know I will learn a thing or two just attempting the exercises and seeing everyone elses work.  So if you are a budding photographer like me or a professional come and join us and have fun learning to light in new and exciting ways.

No comments: